Woof Connection: Free Dog Adoption
We are ready to roll out a pilot run of our new way to adopt a dog for FREE. This program is designed with certain rules aimed at keeping adopted dogs from getting returned, of course we do still have standard adoptions for a low fee. Participation in this program or paying a standard adoption fee will not in any way give priority to potential adopters.
This program will run November 20, 2017 – December 31, 2017 and we will be evaluating the success after that.
Check out the story CNYCentral.com did on the program here
The Woof Connection- Free Dog Adoption Program
- Potential adopters will fill out a special questionnaire and standard adoption packet to help us match you to a dog.
- This questionnaire will help us match your lifestyle to the best dog and our focus is on reducing the return rate of our animals. Dogs are the animals with the highest return percentage and why we have decided to roll this program out on a trial basis.
- Once the questionnaire is completed, you must allow 48 hours for us to process and develop your matches.
- Once we have developed your matches we will contact you and set up an appointment for you to come in to visit.
- On the appointment day, you must complete a mandatory “adoption counseling” which will only last 10-15 minutes. This helps you understand the work that goes into integrating a new dog to your home.
- We will compile a list of up to 4 dogs* for you to meet with, to qualify for this you must adopted one of these 4 dogs. If you do not feel that these are the best match for you then you will need to pay a standard adoption fee.
- Please stop in to the CNYSPCA to fill out an adoption application as well as the additional questionnaire
*Not everyone that applies for the program will be able to be matched with an adoptable dog under this program. This is all due to individual circumstances of adopters and individual available dogs personality. We apologize for any inconvenience if we are not able to match you and still encourage you to adopt whether from our shelter or another.