So you’re ready to add a family member to your home! Well you’re at the right place! To begin, you can view our animals available for adoption online, but there’s nothing like the real thing. We welcome you to come to our shelter and spend some time getting to know our animals in person.
To start off, please review the adoption guidelines below to speed up the adoption process:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- All adoption applications must be filled out completely.
- An adoption application must be completed and approved by an adoption counselor before any animal can be taken out for a visit. No animal will be taken out for a visit prior to this time.
- We will need picture ID, with name and current address, to photo copy onto your application.
- Any animal on a HOLD cannot be taken out for a visit until its holding time is up and it is available for adoption.
Hold is as follows:
- Strays: 5 to 10 days legal hold.
- Cruelty seizures (non court): 5 to 10 days hold
- Cruelty cases going to court: Animal may have to stay in our care for an indefinite time, until a court decision is rendered. Until then they will not be available for adoption.
Once an animal is available for adoption we will not hold it for any reason. Example: You are unable to make it back to the shelter for a few days, etc. If you own your home, we will verify so, with your town’s assessment. If you rent, we must get permission from whoever owns the property. If you are looking to adopt a dog and already have a dog(s) at home, they must meet before an adoption is finalized. All animals being adopted MUST be confined in a carrier or on a leash. All animals adopted will be spayed / neutered before leaving the shelter.Download Adoption Form