Our Board of Directors
Dr. Patricia Romano
Central New York SPCA Mission Statement
The Central New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is committed to making our community a kinder and safer place for the animals who share it with us by:
- Investigation, intervention and prosecution of animal abuse and neglect.
- Education of the public to the value and rewards of responsible guardianship of companion animals and respect for all living creatures.
- Sterilization of all companion animals to reduce the tragic over-population of unwanted animals through programs we design and propose.
- Legislation to provide for maximum protection of animals and severe penalties for those who abuse them.
- Creation and maintenance of excellent living conditions, compassionate care and medical attention for the thousands of animals in our care every year
- Adoption of those animals into responsible homes where they will be given the precious gift of a lifetime of love.
The CNY SPCA holds many events throughout the year. We invite you to contact us to request a current events schedule.