Central New York SPCA Mission Statement
The Central New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is committed to making our community a kinder and safer place for the animals who share it with us by:
- Investigation, intervention and prosecution of animal abuse and neglect.
- Education of the public to the value and rewards of responsible guardianship of companion animals and respect for all living creatures.
- Sterilization of all companion animals to reduce the tragic over-population of unwanted animals through programs we design and propose.
- Legislation to provide for maximum protection of animals and severe penalties for those who abuse them.
- Creation and maintenance of excellent living conditions, compassionate care and medical attention for the thousands of animals in our care every year
- Adoption of those animals into responsible homes where they will be given the precious gift of a lifetime of love.
The CNY SPCA holds many events throughout the year. We invite you to contact us to request a current events schedule.